Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spencer Slown

So yesterday I (Spencer) wanted to know how fast (or slow) I could run a 40 yard dash. So steph and I went over to Brighton high school's football field.

Now, before I tell you my time let me give you something to compare this to. Really fast College and pro football players run a 40 yard dash in about 4.4-4.5 seconds. The fastest I've heard of is a 4.3.
Good 6-5 300 lineman can run the 40 in 4.9-5.2 seconds.
Now, I'm going to try and blame the time on my Graves Disease. After Stephanie took 3 times and we averaged them out I run a 40 yard dash in ........6.5 seconds! My name should be Spencer Slown!
So, my goal now is to train and see if I can improve. My high goal is to run a 4.7 40 and the goal I want to at least obtain is a 5.o 40 yard dash.
I will keep my times posted here every week or two.

1 comment:

TLJ said...

Pretend you're running away from Pebblebrook Golf Course and make sure to drop the kids off at the pool before you run. Those two ideas alone should shave off a good .5 seconds. Good Luck!